Archive for December, 2010
…Urban Decay’s Naked Palette!!
Since it hit the beauty scene in June I have been on the hunt for this palette of eye shadows. I have been to every Urban Decay store and Sephora from here to Timbucktoo. It’s been sold out since it was distributed. I have been told it will be back in stock to the major stores (for me thats Boston which is about an hour away) in January. I am dubious.
This palette contains 12 full sized UD shadows. Ten of them are shimmery (NOT glittery) and two are matte shades. Here is the break-down of the shades (straight from UrbanDecay.com):
- Virgin is a “satin chamois.” It seems very light to me, but could be a great highlight color.
- Sin is “champagne”. This is a UD permanent shadow.
- Naked is a “matte buff nude”. This looks to be a great crease color or blending color. This is also a UD permanent shadow.
- Sidecar is a “cocoa with golden sparkle sheen”. BEAUTIFUL!!
- Buck is a “matte nutmeg”. Pretty self explanatory, but could be a great matte outer ‘V’ color.
- Half Baked is a “subtle, lustrous bronze”. This is a UD permanent shadow.
- Smog is a “deep coppery bronze”. I am pretty pumped about this shade
- Darkhorse is a “bronze patina”.
- Toasted is a “rich copper”. Although it looks more pink-ish to me. IN LOVE! This is a UD permanent shadow.
- Hustle is a “plum brown satin”. This is the one shade I am most excited about. It’s gorgeous.
- Creep is an “onyx with gold sparkle”. Not sure about the gold part, but YES YES YES!
- Gunmetal is a “gunmetal gray with silver glitter”.
Following pictures are courtesy of Temptalia.com.
And to top it all off…there are TWO extras! This palette comes with a double-ended UD 24/7 eyeliner. Zero (black) is on one side and Whiskey (brown) is on the other. And a travel size UD Primer Potion. All for a low low price of $44!
What I think sets this apart from any other neutral palette is the fact that it has browns, golds, and silver/greys. That is so unique from anything I have seen on the market. I recently bought the Tarte Femme Naturale and it has some great pinks and neutral browns but its really missing a great grey or taupe. (Review on its way…promise).
What’s left to say about this palette except that I WANT IT! I have wanted it for a long time.
Hopefully Santa reads my list!